Tuesday, June 18, 2013

|Summer Glow with Benefit 10|


Summer is officially a few days away and sun worshippers like myself couldn't be any happier. I'm always on the hunt for good bronzers and highlighters during this time of year because I feel like they are overlooked products that can really bring a beautiful summery look fully together. 
Luckily, Benefit was having their "Sale-abration" and had included one of my most wanted products from their site. 
Benefit's infamous "Box o' Powders" are hands down my favorite blushes. They last all day, have rich pigmentation, and are lightly scented so they smell fresh on the cheeks. When I heard that Benefit 10 was on sale, I knew I needed to give it a try. 
As soon as I received 10, I knew exactly why people in the reviews I had read had complaints about it - it's extremely shimmery and functions more as a highlighter than bronzer. One side is a soft pink color (it shows up more beige in the picture above) and the other a bronzed gold. I tried to use the bronze color in typical bronzer fashion and it looked terrible. Do NOT try to contour with this product - it will make you look shimmery beyond belief and doesn't add any depth to the face. 
Instead, I used it as an all over highlighter and fell in love with the effect.

The pink highlighter has a more silvery finish and swatches slightly chalky but looks beautiful on the skin when applied in the right places. I think it looks best when layered with the bronze color - although if you are on the paler side, the pink highlighter would work perfect on its own.

I really like this product for when I want to add a glow to the face or a pearly highlight - just dust it along the tops of your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, and a little bit over your cupid's bow and it will add the perfect healthy touch to your skin.
If you're looking for a real bronzer though, I would steer clear of this product. It just doesn't deliver as a bronzer like the packaging claims it does.

I can imagine this looking beautiful for a glowing summer bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment