Thursday, September 26, 2013

|Fall Lipstick Inspiration|


MAC Retro Matte Collection for Fall 2013 #mac #lipstick #retromatte

Nina Ricci Fall-Winter 2011/12
give me coral lipstick for Fall or give me death.
Dolce and Gabbana backstage, Fall-Winter 2013-14. Makeup by Pat McGrath. On lips: Dolce and Gabbana creamy lipstick in Amethyst and Ultra.
Beauty Trend: Textured Lips, Dolce & Gabbana. #beauty #makeup #red #lipstick
Beauty Trend: Textured Lips, @LANVIN Paris. #beauty #makeup #lipstick #lanvin
Fall Sf style
Fall look. vampy lip. spider lashes.
Camilla Belle rocks a dark fall lip.
very red shade of lipstick for fall
Good fall lipstick

fuchsia lips
matte lips
7 Fall Lipsticks : Found on Lovelyish.com
Beauty Trend: Matte Skin, Balmain. #beauty #makeup #matte #Balmain

I feel like lipstick gets a bad rap. Sure there was a time when lipstick was the last makeup product on people's mind (like summer). But the older I get, the more I realize why women love lipstick. It's the most polished, finishing touch there is to any makeup look. It adds a hint of glamour as well as maturity. Fall is the best time of year to really play with your lipstick. Everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't you? I used to be self conscious and not wear any color on my lips but now I've reached a point where that doesn't bother me (and I'm not in high school anymore). 

The thing to remember about Fall-time lipstick is that it doesn't have to be a deep, dark color. What matters is that you have fun with bold colors and textures. If you look at the inspiration pictures I've posted here, there are all sorts of shades ranging from red, orange, pink, and nude. It's not about what colors you pick, it's about letting lipstick be the statement piece of your look. Play around with the textures by creating an ombre effect, dabbing the center of your lips with powder for a matte finish, using lipstick as a stain, and adding high shine for a glossy, stung effect. Keep the eyes neutral and the face natural when you rock a bold lip - I promise it will make you feel instantly glamorous!

Image Source: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment