Thursday, March 13, 2014

|Radiant Orchid|


Pantone has announced "radiant orchid" as the color of the year - a lavender toned, pinky purple that is super springy and feminine. I know this looks like a scary color to incorporate into your makeup. But for a girly evening out, it can add just the right amount of flirty fun. I did a very similar look to this last year, but decided to incorporate a deep red lip this time to mimic what's been seen on the runways. Here's my inspiration:


The key to keeping this dramatic look wearable is to skip out on the false lashes, blush, and highlighter. I used the smallest amount of bronzer on Ali's face - just enough to add some warmth. As you can see, the model in the picture above has false lashes on. While this has a gorgeous and striking effect on the runway, it adds a little too much drama for real-life. 


I added a filter to the pictures below for a vintage feel:

I hope you guys enjoy this makeup - it was so much fun to use some color for a change!



No comments:

Post a Comment