Thursday, September 12, 2013

|Whimsy|



I'll start off by apologizing for the picture heavy post. I just loved all of these and couldn't decide what to use! I wanted to do one last summery makeup before the turn of the season and realized I hadn't done anything with color. I adore green eye shadow. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but when worked the right way, it leaves a fresh and stunning vibrancy to the eyes. The one I used here is a beautiful bright tone and I'll show you how to use a more emerald jewel-like tone in the next few weeks.

I decided to put Ali in a whimsical outfit and crimped her hair to match the vintage, airy vibe. I used MAC "Swimming" eye shadow as the main color, MAC "Soft Brown" through the crease, MAC "Swiss Chocolate" in the outer corners, and finally Makeup Geek eye shadow in the color "Pixie Dust" in the inner corners. I finished off the eyes with a brown Rimmel kohl pencil in the waterline and top lash line. I dusted bronzer all over the face and added Wet n'Wild blush in "Pearlescent Pink" to the apples of the cheeks. Lastly, I used Mirabella "Posey" lipstick to finish things off. I decided to go for a softer brow since this is such a color heavy makeup.

Because I was going for a whimsical feel, I added a filter to all of the pictures and personally, I LOVE how they came out. I also added two pictures at the end without the filter so you can see how the colors actually look.This may be my favorite look so far, let me know how you like it!



2 comments: