Sunday, January 12, 2014

|Soft & Romantic|




Need a look for Valentine's Day? Picture a candlelit dinner date. You don't want to appear too overdone, but you've made an effort to play up your features and still remain beautiful and natural. You want to focus on soft eyeshadow, sultry liner, and glowing skin. My secret weapon for this look? MAC's strobe cream. Trust me, if you want to create that luminous glow from within, just prep the skin with strobe cream and apply your foundation on top.

Remember - candlelight will create a contrast on your skin. So it's better to focus on contouring and highlighting your makeup rather than applying color. I've used a champagne color on the lid with a warm brown through the crease. I then applied gel liner and went over the gel liner with a black eyeshadow to soften the edges. Don't bother with a full-on winged liner for this look, just add a little liner to the bottom half and you'll create the perfect contrast. Add a soft pink blush and nude gloss on the lips and you're set!

I have one more natural, day time looking coming up after this and then I promise to bring out some more adventurous and bold creations :)




1 comment: