Thursday, May 29, 2014

|From Hippie to Chic|


I love when I can do my makeup for the day and know that it will easily transfer to an evening event. When it comes to makeup, I like to keep things simple. If all you need to toss into your handbag for touch-ups is a lipstick, gloss, and concealer, then you've accomplished a simple yet effective look.

Now that it's nearly summer, I'm sure a lot of us will be spending our days at the beach, park, and outdoor concerts. Inevitably, a park/beach date always turns into an evening of restaurant-hopping and fun with friends. This is a makeup look that you can easily transform from daytime casual to evening summer glam. Just chuck on some different accessories and you're good to go!


To demonstrate, we accessorized Katie as if she were going to a concert or spending the day at the park, using a beautiful (handmade!) feather headband. I emphasized her eyes with a cream shadow in a rusted patina color, topped off the cream with a matching powder shadow to set it, and added some extra dimension by lining the inner rims with MAC's Powersuge Kohl pencil. I smudged a darker brown shadow into her lashline and finished off by adding a soft highlight to the inner corners. I kept the skin light and fresh, but added lots of bronzer, highlighter, and blush to give her a summer-time flush. The focal point of this look is her peachy, coral lip color - my favorite part!

In the pictures directly above, we put on a cute fedora hat and added a little extra volume to the hair by teasing it with our fingers. Now she's ready to enjoy a cocktail or two at a swanky restaurant!


No comments:

Post a Comment